Adenoids Lymphatic tissues are located above the throat, behind the soft palate of the nose and mouth. They are responsible for trapping bacteria and producing antibodies to fight infection. Removal of the adenoids, known as an adenoidectomy, may be done for these reasons. Nutrition after adenoid surgery Rapid recovery is achieved through rest and relaxation.
Nutrition after adenoid surgery
There are some foods you should eat after surgery. These foods are easier to swallow. These are the first foods your child can eat and drink after surgery.
- Fruit: Strained or pureed fruits such as apples, white grape juice and peach, pear or apricot nectar, applesauce or baby food.
- Milk: Milk, chocolate milk, smoothies and yoghurt drinks
- Soup: Strained soups
- Corn: Cooked grains such as wheat or oatmeal
- Desserts: Ice cream, pudding, pudding, sorbet
Once your child is feeling better, try introducing some of the foods listed below. There is nothing wrong with introducing these foods two weeks before your child returns to normal eating.
- Fruit: Canned fruits and soft fresh fruits such as melons and bananas (avoid citrus juices such as orange, lemon and grapefruit)
- Bread, rice and potatoes: Small-grain pitted or nut-free bread, plain muffins, cookies, pancakes, French toast, waffles, white rice, white potatoes, or baked or mashed skinless sweet potatoes
- Meat and proteins: Eggs, cheese, ground beef, chicken and fish
- Vegetables: Soft, boiled vegetables
- Desserts: Cakes, custard, and plain nut-free chocolate fudge (avoid citrus-flavored desserts (lemon, orange, grapefruit, or lime)).
What can those who have had adenoid surgery eat?
Those who have had tonsil and adenoid surgery are given warm and cold, soft, juicy, grain-free food such as milk, puree, fruit juice, soup, yogurt, pudding, pasta for 1 day, especially for the first 3 days that do not scratch your throat.
Why eat ice cream after adenoid surgery?
It is recommended to consume cold foods such as ice cream after gin or tonsil surgery. Because it works to stop the bleeding that may occur in that area.
Can I drink water after adenoid surgery?
After the operation, water and watery food should be consumed. Increasing the amount of fluid helps eliminate side effects that may occur after surgery. You can also take a warm shower 2 days after the operation.
Why is adenoid surgery performed?
Adenoid problems, which are more common in children, can have a negative impact on daily life. If you experience any of the following symptoms, it is helpful to contact your doctor immediately.
- Breathing problems: Your child may find it difficult to breathe through their nose and may need to breathe through their mouth instead, which can cause problems such as chapped lips and dry mouth.
- Sleep problems: Your child may begin to snore, and in severe cases, some children have uneven breathing during sleep and become very sleepy during the day.
- Recurring or persistent ear problems, such as middle ear infections (otitis media)
- Recurrent or persistent sinusitis causing symptoms such as persistent runny nose, facial pain, and snoring.
Healing process after adenoid surgery
While the recovery period after tonsil surgery in children is 4-5 days, in adults this period can take up to 10 days. However, if only an operation on the adenoids was performed, recovery occurs in 1-2 days.
How should diabetic patients be fed? | List of diets for diabetics
What should be the diet before a colonoscopy?
What should be the nutrition after Botox stomach?
What should be the nutrition in menopause?
What should be the diet after tonsil surgery?
What should be the diet for hypothyroidism?
What should be the diet after gallbladder surgery?
What is a gluten free diet? Who Should Eat Gluten Free?
- Products useful in spring
- Heavy metal detox | Freshmas blog
- Mushroom pie | Freshmas blog
- 10 nutritional tips to keep you feeling full longer
- Lemon sorbet | Freshmas blog
- Does apple cider vinegar make you weak? | Vinegar-water diet
- What is good for tanning? What is sunburn?
- Sweatshirt Leggings Combinations Offers | Autumn-winter alarm clock
- How to eat vegetables and fruits in spring?
- Antioxidant | Freshmas blog