It’s crazy to me how beauty trends are constantly evolving and changing, and how our tastes for these trends are changing!
For example, I remember when accent nails first hit the scene and I thought it was a little weird to have one nail in a different color, but eventually I came to like it and rock it all the time. Was this 2013 or 2014?
Anyway, now, years later, I prefer to have a more traditional mani with just one color all over my fingers. No more accent nails for me (for now, at least).
A few other trends over the past few years that I’ve tried, in no particular order…
- Bold eyebrows – I even went through an intense phase where I did an intricate routine with sculpted brows, OMG!
- Nose sculpting – I did this for a while and loved how it looked in the pictures, but then stopped doing it when I felt like I *had* to do it every day just to get out of the house. I think feeling like I needed to correct the shape of my nose made me realize there was something wrong with my features, and I didn’t think that was mentally healthy for me in the long run. So I stopped.
- Exposed lips Again, I love how this looked in the pictures. But in real life, I think it might have looked like I couldn’t tell where my true lip line was. very funny! At the time I thought it was cute.
- Intense bronzer – Oh man, I wore a lot circa 2014!
What about you? What are some beauty trends you’ve experimented with in the past few years? Do you still love them?
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- Another concept we hear a lot in recent years is intermittent fasting.
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 758
- Thoughts of Beauty May 25, 2023
- What can I do to avoid gaining weight after quitting smoking?
- 15 healthy products that should always be on hand
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 753
- Surfing Saturday, June 3, 2023!
- Why should we choose organic? | Freshmas blog
- Caboodle Fist! | Wonder Beauty Sun Kissed Get Away Palette | Kitty cupcake
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 771