Paris, London, New York, Milan – Tabs has walked the runways of all the major fashion cities, so many of his fans have associated him with the work he’s done in major metropolitan areas.
But what many people don’t know is that he was just as comfortable in the wilderness given his extensive background teaching primitive survival skills.
On the rare occasions he took extended breaks from his modeling career, he’d go off the grid, sometimes for weeks at a time, to test his skills on epic adventures in remote places like Patagonia and Mongolia.
He would occasionally check in with me from his satellite phone, most of the time for such trivial things as reminding me to have his favorite gravy ready when he got back, or just to remind me I had better not slack off while he worked. Absenteeism (FYI, I wasn’t). I want to believe that was his way of saying he missed me…but I don’t know.
The longest he was gone was eight weeks. It was in a secluded area of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, and get that! – It was because he was a contestant on Staying Alone.
I had no idea until one day I turned on the TV and saw him fishing in a river with a spool of yarn.
Rosie told me over and over again that she was not designed for such an extreme adventure.
She says she prefers to stay close because she is a homebody, but honestly, I think she can follow her science experiments in different labs around the Bay Area.
She is currently in research with Stanford University, UCSD, and UC Berkeley, and we couldn’t be prouder!
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- Combination suggestions: 5 winter dress combinations | street trends
- Today’s Beauty: Does Your Skin Break Out More in the Summer?
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 770
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 769
- Something to watch next time you’re Netflixin: “The Diplomat”. Some cosmetic stuff I recently purchased from CVS
- The latest summer sandal trends 2023 –
- Aromatherapy | Freshmas blog
- Surfing Saturday, July 15th, 2023!
- Discover the latest fashion trends on the streets of New York –
- Beauty Q of the Day: Have you ever finished a skincare regimen on a plane?