You gotta love it when you find beauty products that 1) travel well, 2) are totally useful and 3) make you feel good when you wear them. I get all of the above with these two beauties I picked up last week at Sephora!
I was there to buy a gift for my dad for father’s day. He’s an avid gardener, and I want him to step up his sunscreen game, so I got him a sun hat from REI and a bottle of Shiseido Sunscreen. Now that I think about it, I should have bought two bottles because my mom would most likely end up stealing his sunscreen, LOL!
Anyway, I wanted to pack sunscreen in my bag, something portable and small that wouldn’t leak, so I bought Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 ($30). It’s so easy to open it up and slide that little wand all over my face for a touch-up (in fact, I did before I wrote this sentence). It’s lightweight, non-greasy, and has a nice summery citrus scent. Even Connor doesn’t mind applying it, which is a nice bonus.
If you wear minimal makeup like I’ve been doing lately, it’s super easy to apply before a walk, or if you’re driving and want a little extra sun protection.
I love, love Supergoop Lipshade ($24). What a treat!
It’s a mineral lip sunscreen with SPF 30, and it’s LEGIT pigmented, like a full-on lipstick. I bought Lucky Penny, a rich dark rose, and have been wearing it for the past few days.
I love it because it is smooth and does not feel heavy. Also, most lip sunscreens leave my lips feeling chapped and dry, but this one does not! It’s actually pretty hydrating, which may be because it contains a good amount of rich emollients—avocado oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, and mango seed butter, to start.
I plan on getting more colors… I’ll keep checking the Supergoop site to see if they have any sales coming up, and if they do I’ll let you know.
How is your Tuesday? Tomorrow is the official first day of summer. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m already shopping for Connor’s school uniform because I just know I’m going to blink and it’s going to be the first day of school again.
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- The little things that bring me joy (make-up, etc.)
- What should be the nutrition after adenoid surgery?
- What can I do to avoid gaining weight after quitting smoking?
- 8 foods to eat to live longer
- The best sunscreen recommendations by expert physicians
- What causes darkening of the mustache area? How did it go? what is good?
- A follow-up to the aftermath of yesterday, AKA New Car Stuff
- Saturday to surf, April 22nd, 2023!
- Dietary treatment of Graves’ disease – Kadınev.com
- What should be the diet after hemorrhoid surgery?