Connor’s first dance competition is now officially in the books.
The girls had great results last Saturday! Although I don’t understand anything about how teams are ranked and scored, I do know that when Connor’s team was called up, the girls’ faces reflected pure delight.
Oh, and I have to say, I was kind of (but not too) surprised when I saw Connor jump up to claim the team trophy on stage, LOL!
On the makeup front, I’m happy to report that NARS Dragon Girl lasted most of the day, staying put until early afternoon. I could have touched her lips right before they went on stage, but I skipped because she still had enough pigment. Seriously, this matte red is a classic for a reason. Get it if you don’t already have it.
Since it was raining and I knew we’d be home for a long day, I didn’t put on a lot of makeup for the pageant on Saturday, though if I was full I probably wouldn’t be home with everything. The breasts that the ladies were serving.
One team had no fewer than 20 girls rock the whole beat—big eyelashes, bright lips, and a cutout crease paired with wings so big they could take off at a moment’s notice. You get the picture. And don’t even get me started on the hair! There were many large and elaborate styles. I can’t help but wonder if some of the teams have hired professionals on site to get everyone ready.
If I wasn’t so busy trying to keep track of my baby, I would have taken more pictures to appreciate all the art. Maybe next time.
The last thing is: make-up. Just in case Connor wanted to wear something more than lipstick, I brought “emergency” blush and gloss with me in my purse, but I think I was hoping for too much, LOL!
Anyway, it’s cold and rainy today again here in the Bay Area, and even though I haven’t seen the sun in days, out of sheer habit, I put on sunscreen first thing in the morning.
I recently got into BSG Kids because I love how it doesn’t leave a film on my skin and layers well with all my lotions, potions, etc. If you haven’t tried this one for your face and neck, grab it! It is affordable and convenient. It looks great under makeup, too.
I’m going to have another cup of green tea. (Did I mention how cold it is in here?) Later this afternoon I’m going to try minestrone soup! This is the recipe I will use in case you want to check it out. Seems easy enough.
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- Inside Out Ideas: Makeup Pencils, Mantras and the Nostalgic Feeling of Nordstrom Close SF (among other things)
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 774
- Tone Drive What is Tone? How to make tons ride tons of clothes?
- Quiet luxury watches for women in 2023 –
- 5 things I’ve been loving lately
- 5 steps to prepare for your child’s first test –
- Things I’m excited about: Skincare and the new Chanel nail polish
- Beauty Day: Do you have any beauty regrets?
- Kitchen without waste | Freshmas blog
- What causes the sebaceous glands of the face? How to get rid of the sebaceous glands of the face?