Welcome to Matthew Blazy’s one-man show at Bottega Veneta Fall Winter 2022 collection. What’s not to love about the designer? He’s worked for some of the fashion industry’s most innovative companies, from Balenciaga and Raf Simons all the way to Celine before becoming Director of Ready-to-Wear Design at Bottega Veneta in 2020. This must be some serious CV filler! He may be a behind-the-scenes man, but he has managed to rise through the ranks and take on new responsibilities. It was last November when things really started to get interesting for him – after Daniel Lee suddenly left for no reason other than “amicably”, Matteo became Creative Director!
Lee left his previous company when it was on the rise, and that doesn’t make the transitions any easier or clearer. But there are no two ways about this: he got it right first time! It was a clear break from the recent past and confident in both tone and mannerisms; Extensive without being too random (although it can still be seen) – all while being significantly more interesting than these images suggest.
The designer at Bottega Veneta knows how to use leather in all its glory, and this time he went with nubuck fabric that was super chic and comfortable for everyday wear. The white tank top paired perfectly with denim jeans that are actually leather, making the whole thing just right for Bottega’s new trend.
“The idea was to bring the energy back, a silhouette that really expresses movement, because Bottega is a bag company, so you go somewhere, you don’t stay home. This collection is basically a journey,” said Mateo. “There are so many characters, they have They’re all places to go, and they feel totally free.”
All images courtesy Vogue magazine.
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 769
- How did your makeup style evolve as you got older?
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 785
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 781
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 791
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 764
- Sephora VIB Sale Recommendation: Tower 28 Pistachio AKA the * BEST * Purse Gloss | Fancy Lady Tea in Crown and Crumb
- Urban Outfitters Elise Vanity Set Review –
- Today’s Beauty: What are your summer hair problems?
- What is an eyelash lift? How is it applied?