Do you have any beauty regrets?
This question came after a long discussion with my neighbor about sunscreen! He is fair-skinned and red-haired, and has mentioned how he regretted getting a tan when he was in his 20s and 30s. Now that he’s older, his skin has sun damage that’s hard to deal with.
I’ve never tried to actively tan, but I wish I’d worn sunscreen consistently at such a young age. As a kid, I was outside all the time, especially in the summer, often for hours on end. The only time I wore sunscreen was when we went to the beach or lake. crazy! And when I started wearing sunscreen every day, it wasn’t until college.
In any case, the beauty regrets. Here are some from mine in no particular order!
- Not applying enough sunscreen at a younger age and not often enough
- Plucked my edges into oblivion in the ’90s
- Tighten my eyelids aggressively to apply makeup, especially eyeliner
- Believing I “need” contouring my nose to make it straighter; This went on for a while and I’m glad I found my way out of it because it wasn’t doing my mental health any favors
But my biggest regret by far is not really appreciating what I had at the time, because oh my gosh, I see pictures of myself when I was younger and I can’t believe I had that much collagen. (Or hair, for that matter.) If I could, I’d go back in time and give Baby Karen a big hug, and tell her that 1) she doesn’t really need all that concealer, and 2) she’ll be just fine.
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- 100 shoes from the most famous designers of the Internet age –
- What is the oldest piece of makeup in your collection that you still use?
- Today’s beauty: What beauty-related tasks can you do well?
- What is satvik nutrition? What’s in Satvik Nutrition?
- What is an eyelash lift? How is it applied?
- 5 things I’ve been loving lately
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 756
- What should be the dietary treatment for gout?
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 788
- Summer Beauty Buddies: Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50+ and Hydrating Supergoop Lipshade