I wasn’t kidding about short, dark nails *more* for my summer polish. These three shades from Chanel, from their newly revamped nail polish line, have me swooning!
141 Oiseau de Nuit
My favorite is the shade I’ve been wearing on my fingers for almost a month now, 141 Oiseau de Nuit, a deep black-rich purple with a shimmery finish. I think it’s moody and chic with a touch of edginess, and when worn with minimal summer makeup and a casual bun or ponytail, the whole look is pretty cool.
I really like the wide brush, it is flat and spreads easily on my nails. I can easily paint the polish from base to tip with just a few quick strokes.
I think the formula is better than the previous iteration of Chanel nail polish, too. It does a better job of leveling, so there are no smudges, and you can get a full block of solid color in two coats. It seems to hold up to chips better in general, too.
I’ve tested Osieu de Nuit with several top coats (Essie, OPI, etc.), and the top coat at preventing chips and keeping color on my nails was the new Chanel Le Gel Longwear Top Coat.
If you’re going to splurge on any of Chanel’s polishes, I highly recommend getting Le Gel Top Coat to go with it!
155 Rouge Noir
Another moody shade I’ve been loving is 155 Rouge Noir, which is a deep, dark red that I wore on my toes.
This looks like a shadow that could fall easily; Maybe because I can really see it with a dark ’90s lip and a matte base? However, I still wear it in the summer.
161 Le Diable en Chanel
Last but not least is 161 Le Diable En Chanel, a dark glossy black.
I feel like Robert Smith from The Cure would wear this when he needs to feel pampered, LOL!
Let me know if any of these catch your eye.
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- 10 foods that increase body resistance after coronavirus!
- Hawaii Vacation Beauty Products – Makeup and Beauty Blog
- Check-in: Dance contest makeup musings, sunscreen for rainy days and soup!
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Saddle Eye Shadow
- What should be the nutrition after adenoid surgery?
- What color is the “Never Again” lipstick?
- Dietary treatment of Graves’ disease – Kadınev.com
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 776
- Surf Saturday, May 20, 2023!
- Sunday With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 764