1. My new seat!
I’ve been looking for a bench like this for the lawn portion of my front lawn for years. years! I wanted something sturdy and relatively easy to move (made of cast iron), and something with slats so the sun could hit the lawn below.
It’s really nice to have a comfortable place to sit while I watch Connor and her friends play in our yard, and now I go there all the time to read, grab a coffee, or grab a snack. I love him!
This bench was from Ace Hardware in my town; It’s also available online, if you’re interested.
2. Eating out
I don’t know if it’s something to do with the primitive part of my brain, but lately, when I’m eating a meal outside and I can see the sky, I feel just fine! I was actually out a few minutes ago before writing this eating peanut butter on toast and drinking vanilla coffee on my stool (see top pic), LOL!
3. “Whack!” Documentary on Netflix
I’ve always loved Wham! Ever since I was little I remember going to the library that day and checking out the album on vinyl (!) of “Music from the Edge of Heaven”, and listening to it nonstop. Side note – does anyone else think “Battlestations” is grossly underrated? Its one of my favourites.
Anyway, I accidentally listened to a lot of Wham! And George Michael recently, and don’t you know it, there’s now a documentary about the band on Netflix.
I started watching it last night and it’s about 30 minutes long and I’m really enjoying it. Try it if you have Netflix!
4. Find new music on Spotify
No joke, all I did last summer was listen to Fleetwood Mac 24/7. Not that there’s anything wrong with it (Stevie Nicks forever), but I’m really trying to expand my music world this summer. I found a lot of great songs on Spotify. Here are some of the new songs I found this week.
“Jenny” by Jack Lizard featuring BXRBER
“SUPERBLOOM” by MisterWives
“Say What” by Goosetaf
“Climbing to the Coast” by Clay and his friends
5. Write down my goals every morning
I watched a video recently where he talked about how, if you have goals, writing them down every morning can be very helpful in achieving them. So, I’ve been doing that lately. So far it has been really helpful!
Oh, I also like to add a date to my list because having a time frame (or deadline) makes my goals feel more realistic and urgent.
What have you been loving lately?
Friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
- Monday’s Makeup and Beauty Blog Poll, Vol. 772
- If there’s one thing you’ll get the next time you’re at NARS…
- Tips for conservative combinations – womenev.com
- What skincare product do you always have on hand?
- Discover the latest fashion trends on the streets of New York –
- 100 shoes from the most famous designers of the Internet age –
- Summer beauty buddies: The must-haves for Pool Days from Bioderma and Naturium
- The best sunscreen recommendations by expert physicians
- New look at breakfast | Freshmas blog
- What is permanent makeup? I wonder about permanent makeup